Here’s a super-quick and easy dinner that’s packed with healthy fats and protein.
|Makes: 4 servings|
|Serving Size: 1 fillet|
|Choices: Starch 0.5, Lean Protein 4, Fat 1|
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
|6||Tbsp.||hulled pistachios, finely chopped|
|2||egg whites, beaten|
|4||(4-oz) salmon fillets|
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a shallow dish, combine the pistachios and flour. In another shallow dish, add the egg whites.
- Dip one side of a salmon fillet in the egg whites and then press into the pistachio mixture.
- Place the fillet, nut side up, on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Repeat for the remaining three fillets. Lightly spray the top of the fillets with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Carb Diabetes Cookbook by Chef Jennifer Bucko, MCFE, & Lara Rondinelli, RD, LDN, CDE (American Diabetes Association, 2008). Order online at shopdiabetes.org or by calling 1-800-232-6733.