- Score meat deeply crosswise at 1/2-inch intervals which allows the meat to absorb more of the marinade and cook more evenly
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and mustard together Add meat and turn in the marinade to make sure all sides are coated with the sauce Marinate for 10 minutes
- Preheat grill or broiler Remove meat and discard marinade Place on grill or broiler about 3–4 inches from the heat source Grill 5–7 minutes A meat thermometer should read 145 F. Remove to a carving board and add salt and pepper to the cooked steak
- Slice steak across the grain, making sure to capture the juices.
- Serve over brown rice, and pour the juices on top. If desired, serve with brown rice and sauteéd spinach.
Adapted from Mix 'n' Match Meals in Minutes for People With Diabetes by Linda Gassenheimer.