|Makes: 6 servings|
|Serving Size: 1 burger|
|Choices: Nonstarchy Vegetable 1, Lean Protein 2, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
|1||garlic clove, chopped|
|1||red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1||Tbsp.||Thai red curry paste|
|1||lb.||skinless salmon, cut into chunks|
|6||iceberg or Bibb lettuce leaves|
|2||scallions, thinly sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 475° F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and curry paste in a large food processor and blend until smooth. Add the salmon, and puree until smooth. Add the egg and cilantro, and puree until incorporated.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the mixture onto the baking sheet and press lightly to form a patty. Repeat to make 6 patties in total.
- Spray the top of each patty with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve each salmon patty on a lettuce leaf and top each with 1 Tbsp sliced scallions.
Tip: Craving a traditional bun instead of lettuce? Try sandwich thins, which are lower in carb than typical hamburger rolls.
Recipe adapted from The Diabetes Cookbook: 300 Recipes for Healthy Living Powered by the Diabetes Food Hub by Lara Rondinelli-Hamilton, RD, CDE, and Jennifer Bucko Lamplough. Available fall 2018 from shopdiabetes.org, 800-232-6733, or bookstores nationwide.