- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and place them on the baking sheet. Lay the chicken breasts on the baking sheet next to the beets. Coat the top of the chicken breasts with cooking spray and season them with the black pepper.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165° F. Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and set aside. Once slightly cool, cut the chicken into thin slices.
- Continue to roast the beets for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove the beets from the oven and set aside. Once the beets are cool, peel the skin off and cut each into 1/2-inch chunks.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, broth, honey, mustard, and garlic.
- Add the mixed greens and beet chunks to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates. Top each salad with 1/4 of the chicken breast slices, 1/2 Tbsp goat cheese, and 1 Tbsp slivered almonds.
Recipe adapted from The Diabetes Cookbook: 300 Recipes for Healthy Living Powered by the Diabetes Food Hub by Lara Rondinelli-Hamilton, RD, CDE, and Jennifer Bucko Lamplough. Available fall 2018 from shopdiabetes.org, 800-232-6733, or bookstores nationwide.