|Makes: 4 servings|
|Serving Size: 5 oz turkey tenderloin, 2 3/4 cups vegetables, 3/4 biscuit (1 1/2 oz)|
|Choices: Starch 2.5, Nonstarchy Vegetable 2, Lean Protein 5|
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 5 oz turkey tenderloin, 2 3/4 cups vegetables, 3/4 biscuit (1 1/2 oz)
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
|1 1/2||lbs.||turkey tenderloin|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||canola oil, divided|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||smoked paprika|
|3||cups||frozen diced onion|
|3||cups||frozen diced green bell pepper|
|3||cups||sliced baby bello mushrooms|
|1||cup||fat-free, no-salt-added chicken broth|
|3||Tbsp.||fresh tarragon (or 3 tsp dried tarragon)|
|1||cup||canned or jarred sliced sweet pimentos|
|1/2||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|3||pieces ready-to-cook refrigerated biscuit dough (6 oz)|
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cut the turkey tenderloin into 1/2-inch pieces. Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the turkey tenderloin with the smoked paprika and toss to coat. Add the turkey to the skillet. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked, stirring to make sure all sides are browned. A meat thermometer inserted into the turkey should read 165° F.
- Place the turkey in a deep, oven-proof dish or divide among 4 individual ramekins. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of the oil to the skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, green pepper, and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add the flour and mix well. Add the chicken broth. Simmer to thicken, about 1 minute. Mix the tarragon, peas, and pimentos into the sauce. Add the black pepper. Pour the sauce over the turkey in the baking dishes and mix well.
- Slice the premade biscuits in half horizontally. Place them over the turkey and stretch them to cover the top (use 1 1/2 sliced biscuit segments per ramekin). Bake for 15 minutes. The biscuits will rise and turn golden brown. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Amazing Dinners by Linda Gassenheimer, available January 2018.