- In a medium bowl, mix the cilantro, parsley, garlic, salt, and lemon juice and zest together. Whisk in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Place the fish in a glass baking dish and pour half of the chermoula sauce over the fish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, make the salad by arranging the romaine lettuce on the bottom of a large serving dish. Scatter the carrots on top of the lettuce. Arrange the orange slices on top of the carrots. Arrange the dates on top.
- Make the dressing by whisking the orange juice, olive oil, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Top with the chopped almonds.
- Grill the fish for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until firm. Spread the remaining chermoula sauce evenly over the tuna, and let stand for 5 minutes to absorb the flavors. If you prefer to make this dish in the oven, simply place the fish in a greased baking dish, top with half of the chermoula, cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 425° F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve two of the steaks and save two of the steaks.*
*Place in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate for use in Grilled Tuna Tacos.
For more great recipes like this, pick up a copy of Amy Riolo’s The Italian Diabetes Cookbook: Delicious and Healthful Dishes From Venice to Sicily and Beyond, available at shopdiabetes.org, 800-232-6733, or bookstores nationwide.