|Makes: 6 servings|
|Serving Size: 1 patty, with tomato and lettuce|
|Choices: Lean Protein 2|
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 patty, with tomato and lettuce
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
|1||lb.||lean (95% fat-free) ground chuck or sirloin, preferably coarse grind|
|1/4||cup||cup finely minced onions, shallots, or scallions|
|1||tsp.||coarse kosher salt|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|4||slices fresh tomato|
|Mustard or low-sugar ketchup (optional)|
|4||whole-grain buns, toasted (optional)|
- Combine the ground chuck with the onions and form into six patties, handling the meat as little as possible. Sprinkle each with the salt.
- Spray a large cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Serve each patty with a slice of tomato and a leaf of lettuce. If desired, dress with mustard or ketchup and place on a whole-grain bun.
Interested in more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes? Click here to subscribe to Diabetes Forecast magazine.