|Makes: 5 servings|
|Serving Size: 1/2 cup|
|Choices: Nonstarchy Vegetable 1, Fat 2|
- Makes: 5 servings
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
|1 1/2||lb.||white, cremini, or shiitake mushrooms|
|2 1/2||Tbsp.||olive oil|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||liquid smoke|
|1||Tbsp.||toasted sesame oil|
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Trim the stems of the white or cremini mushrooms. If you’re using shiitake mushrooms, remove and discard the entire stem. Slice the mushrooms into 3/8-inch-thick pieces. Add the mushrooms to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well. The mixture will look dry.
- Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on each sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Flip the mushroom slices and roast for 10 minutes more.
- Increase the heat to 375 F and roast for 15 minutes. Flip the mushroom slices again and continue to roast for 10 minutes more. Serve as a side dish, or add to sandwiches, omelets, and soups.