|Makes: 6 servings|
|Serving Size: 2 dipped strawberries|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 0.5, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 2 dipped strawberries
- Preparation Time: 10 minute
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes60
|12||large||strawberries (with long stems, if possible)|
|2||oz.||dark chocolate chips|
|2||tsp.||chili powder, hot or mild|
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries; set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over medium heat until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Whisk in the chili powder.
- Dip the bottom half of each strawberry into the chocolate mixture and swirl to coat. Place the strawberries on a sheet of waxed paper to dry. Discard the remaining ¼ cup chocolate sauce, or store it in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Interested in more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes? Click here to subscribe to Diabetes Forecast magazine.