6 Tips for A Better Night’s Sleep
1. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends, to avoid confusing your body.
2. Turn off your tablet and phone before bedtime or use a blue-light filter with your device. Blue light can stimulate your system and keep you awake.
3. Relax a bit before heading to bed. Have a nightly ritual that gets you in the state of mind to fall asleep.
4. Keep it cool—between 60 and 67 degrees in your bedroom. And minimize noise and light in your sleep sanctuary to get the best rest possible.
5. Skip the caffeine and alcohol. These can stand in the way of a good night’s sleep.
6. Exercise daily, but not within two to three hours of bedtime.
Interested in more information about healthy living with diabetes? Click here to subscribe to Diabetes Forecast magazine.