|Makes: 6 servings|
|Serving Size: 2 pieces|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 0.5, Lean Protein 2|
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 2 pieces
- Cooking Time: 2 to 3 minutes
|1||(5-oz) package baby spinach|
|1||lb.||fat-free ricotta cheese|
|1/2||cup||freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese|
|1/2||cup||white whole wheat flour|
|1/2||tsp.||fine sea salt|
|1/2||tsp.||freshly cracked black pepper|
- Place the spinach and garlic cloves in a food processor. Mince finely.
- Place the ricotta in a large bowl. Add the spinach mixture, Parmigiano-Reggiano, egg white, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well by hand.
- Form 12 balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated.)
- At cooking time, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Drop the balls in the water. Once they float to the top, cook 2 to 3 minutes. If desired, serve the Gnudi with tomato sauce.
Recipe adapted from the ADA cookbook Secrets of Healthy Cooking: A Guide to Simplifying the Art of Heart Healthy and Diabetic Cooking