- Preheat the oven to 450 F (425 F convection).
- Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a paring knife, cut a V shape into each half and remove the center, creating a channel for the stuffing. Chop the zucchini that has been removed and save it for use in the stuffing.
- In the meantime, pour the olive oil into a large sauté pan. Add the pancetta, onion, garlic, and the reserved chopped zucchini and sauté until the pancetta is browned. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tomatoes. Add the cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Stuff each zucchini half with ½ cup quinoa mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the zucchini are fork tender. The stuffing will be nicely browned.
Recipe adapted from the ADA cookbook Secrets of Healthy Cooking: A Guide to Simplifying the Art of Heart Healthy and Diabetic Cooking