|Makes: 4 servings|
|Serving Size: 4 oz chicken, 1/2 cup sauce|
|Choices: Fruit 1, Lean Protein 4|
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 4 oz chicken, 1/2 cup sauce
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 28 minutes
|4||tsp.||olive oil, divided|
|2 1/2||cups||fresh blueberries|
|1||chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (from a can), diced|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh minced mint|
|1||tsp.||fresh lime zest|
|4||boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat 2 tsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft. Add the blueberries, chipotle pepper, lime juice, and brown sugar. Bring to boiling, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the salt and black pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and sear on both sides for 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the mint and lime zest. Serve the sauce with the chicken.