|Makes: 2 servings|
|Serving Size: 4 oz chicken, 1/4 cup sauce|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 1, Lean Protein 3, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 4 oz chicken, 1/4 cup sauce
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 18 minutes
|1/2||lb.||boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 small breast halves)|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|1||Tbsp.||olive oil, divided|
|1||small||onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|1/4||cup||no-sugar-added peach preserves|
|2||tsp.||light soy sauce|
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and black pepper. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tsp of the oil. Sauté the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Move the chicken from the skillet to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
- Lower the heat to medium; add the remaining 1 tsp olive oil to the skillet. Add the onion and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes, until soft; if necessary, lower the heat to prevent burning.
- In a small bowl, mix the preserves, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, and ginger. Add the sauce to the onion. Return the cooked chicken breasts and any accumulated juices to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the chicken for 1 to 2 minutes. Plate the chicken and serve each breast with half the onion-peach sauce.
Interested in more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes? Click here to subscribe to Diabetes Forecast magazine.