|Makes: 2 servings|
|Serving Size: 1 personal pizza|
|Choices: Starch 1.5, Lean Protein 1, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 1 personal pizza
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 minutes
|1||whole wheat bread thin (such as Arnold Sandwich Thins Rolls)|
|1||cup||baby arugula (tastes spicy) or baby spinach (tastes mild)|
|2||Tbsp.||bottled marinara sauce|
|1/2||cup||canned, drained, and rinsed cannellini beans, slightly mashed|
|4||thin slices tomato|
|1/4||tsp.||dried oregano flakes|
|1||(19-g) slice reduced-fat provolone cheese, such as Sargento, divided|
- Preheat the oven broiler to high. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil.
- Place the two halves of the bread thin cut side up on the prepared pan. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove the pan and bread thin halves from the oven.
- Combine the arugula with the pesto, mixing well. Spread each half of the bread thin with the marinara sauce. Top with the cannellini beans, then add the arugula-pesto mixture and tomato slices. Sprinkle with oregano. Lastly, top each pizza with half of the cheese. Return the pan to the oven and broil for 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted. If desired, top with fresh chopped oregano.