|Makes: 4 servings|
|Serving Size: 3 1/2 oz.|
|Choices: Lean Protein 3|
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 3 1/2 oz.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
|1||tsp.||dried thyme leaves|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|1||lb.||pork tenderloin, patted dry|
|Nonstick aluminum foil|
- In a small prep bowl, combine the spice rub ingredients. Rub the spice mixture over the pork tenderloin.
- In a large skillet, preferably cast iron, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the pork, for about 3 minutes per side, using tongs to turn the pork. Remove the pork from the pan and, if you’d like to finish the recipe, proceed to step 4, below. If you plan to freeze the pork, let the seared tenderloin cool on a plate. Place the cooled pork in a zippered freezer bag or tightly sealed container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, remove the pork from the freezer and place in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
- About 30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the freshly seared or thawed pork on a foil-lined baking sheet or add it to a shallow roasting pan. Roast the pork for about 20 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Remove the pork from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Note: This recipe is easy to double. Consider making one pork tenderloin to eat now and one to freeze for later.