|Makes: 4 servings|
|Serving Size: 1 breast (about 3 oz. cooked)|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 1, Lean Protein 3|
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 breast (about 3 oz. cooked)
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
|4||boneless, skinless chicken cutlets or chicken breasts|
|1||Tbsp.||trans fat–free margarine or butter|
- Start the zucchini and the potatoes first.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. If you aren't using chicken cutlets, cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound them with a mallet to uniform thickness (about 1/2 inch). This is important so the chicken cooks quickly and evenly.
- In a shallow bowl or on a plate, combine the mustard, honey, water, salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, and paprika. Coat both sides of the chicken with the honey-mustard mixture, then the bread crumb mixture, and place the prepared chicken on the baking sheet.
- Melt the butter or margarine in the microwave (about 30 seconds on high) or on the stove top, and drizzle it over the chicken. Bake the chicken for 10–15 minutes, without flipping it, until the chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink inside the thickest part.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Prepare both the honey-mustard and the bread crumb mixtures.
Flavor Booster: Stir 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder or 1 tsp Chinese spicy mustard into the honey-mustard combination. Serve the chicken with additional honey-mustard sauce (combine 2 parts mustard to 1 part honey).
Tip: You may find that the mustard mixture adheres to the chicken breasts more easily if you first pat the chicken breasts lightly with a paper towel to get rid of any excess moisture.