- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small, dry skillet, toast the caraway seeds over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, just until lightly browned and fragrant; set aside. When the oven is hot, add 2 tsp. of the vegetable oil to a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Heat the pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and caraway seeds.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Add the buttermilk, honey, and the 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Carefully add the batter to the hot skillet and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until the cornbread is cooked through and a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the cornbread cool for 5 minutes. Cut into 16 same-sized wedges and serve warm.
NOTE: The bread may also be prepared in an 8-inch square baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. You won’t need the 2 tsp. vegetable oil.