|Makes: 6 servings|
|Serving Size: 2/3 cup|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 1, Fat 1|
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||tsp.||ground curry powder|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|3||cups||fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||can||(15 oz.) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|1/4||cup||toasted pumpkin seeds|
|1/4||cup||minced fresh chives|
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic, curry powder, coriander, cayenne, salt, and pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and bring to boiling. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and simmer for 10 minutes. Using an immersion blender, process the soup until smooth. Or carefully add the hot soup (in batches) to a blender and process until smooth; return the soup to the pot.
- Add the half-and-half and sugar-stevia sweetener and simmer on low for 2 minutes. Ladle into individual serving bowls. Garnish each bowl with generous pinches of pumpkin seeds and chives.