|Makes: 32 servings (yields 4 cups)|
|Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.|
|Choices: Free Food|
- Makes: 32 servings (yields 4 cups)
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
|1/2||cup||minced red onion|
|1||Tbsp.||peeled, grated fresh ginger|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||med.||mango, peeled, pit removed, diced|
|1||small||red pepper, minced|
|1||small||jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced|
|2||Tbsp.||red wine vinegar|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the red onion, ginger, and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the curry powder and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the mango, red pepper, and jalapeño pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until the mango and peppers begin to soften.
- Add the pineapple juice, red wine vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling, lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, until the mango and peppers are completely softened. Spoon into a container with a lid and refrigerate; use within 3 days.