|Makes: 4 servings|
|Serving Size: 4 oz.|
|Choices: Starch 1, Lean Meat 3, Fat 1|
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 4 oz.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1/2||cup||panko bread crumbs|
|1/3||cup||chopped blanched almonds|
|1||Tbsp.||minced fresh dill|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|2||large||egg whites, beaten|
|1/4||cup||white wheat flour|
|1||lb.||cod fillets, skinned, about 1 inch thick, cut into 4 portions|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||olive oil|
|Lemon slices for garnish|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Coat a flat rack (such as a cooling rack) with cooking spray. Place the rack on top of the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, dill, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the mayonnaise.
- Add the white wheat flour to a plate. Dip both sides of each cod fillet in the flour to coat. Dip the fillets in the egg-white mixture, and then coat them in the bread-crumb mixture. Add the coated fillets to the prepared rack and baking sheet. Drizzle the fillets with olive oil. Roast the fish, without turning, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with lemon slices.