|Serving Size: 4 oz.|
|Choices: Lean Meat 4, Fat 1|
- Makes: 4
- Serving Size: 4 oz.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Marinating Time: 1 hour
|2||Tbsp.||brown rice miso or red miso|
|2||Tbsp.||lite soy sauce|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh orange juice|
|1||Tbsp.||brown sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)|
|pinch||crushed red pepper flakes|
|4||salmon fillets (4 oz. each)|
- Combine the miso, soy sauce, orange juice, sugar, orange zest, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add the salmon fillets (thawed, if using frozen) and turn them to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Set an oven rack 4 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler. Cover a broiler pan with foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade, letting any excess liquid drip into the bowl. Discard the marinade. Add the salmon to the broiler pan, skin side down if using fresh fish.
- Broil the salmon for 8 to 10 minutes, until it flakes with a fork but is still moist. Let the salmon rest a few minutes before serving.