|Makes: 20 servings (40 cookies, 2 inches in diameter)|
|Serving Size: 2 cookies|
|Exchanges: Carbohydrate 1, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 20 servings (40 cookies, 2 inches in diameter)
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 7 minutes
|Nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper|
|2||Tbsp.||nonhydrogenated buttery spread, such as Smart Balance|
|1/2||cup||brown sugar blend|
|1/2||cup||whole wheat pastry flour|
|Decorating sugar (optional)|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, buttery spread, and brown sugar blend. In another bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and baking soda. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the molasses with 2 Tbsp. of water. Add the molasses mixture to the dough and mix well. Add additional water to form a stiff but pliable dough. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Pinch tablespoon-sized portions of the dough, roll into balls, and place on the prepared baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. If desired, sprinkle with decorating sugar. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.