If you have diabetes and develop any of the following symptoms, check in with an eye care professional:
- Your vision becomes blurry.
- You have trouble reading signs or books.
- You see double.
- One or both of your eyes hurt.
- Your eyes get red and stay that way.
- You feel pressure in your eye.
- You see spots or floaters.
- Straight lines do not look straight.
- You can't see things at the sides as you used to.
Retinopathy can develop without symptoms—which is why regular exams are important.