|Serving Size: about 5 oz. salmon|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 0.5, Lean Meat 5, Fat 2.5|
- Makes: 2
- Serving Size: about 5 oz. salmon
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Marinating Time: 1 hour
|1||Tbsp.||lite soy sauce|
|1||tsp.||chili sauce (tomato type)|
|1||tsp.||peeled, grated fresh ginger|
|2||garlic cloves, finely minced|
|2||scallions, finely minced, divided|
|2||small||salmon steaks (about 10 oz. total)|
|1||tsp.||toasted sesame seed|
- In a shallow baking dish, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili sauce, ginger, garlic, and half the scallions. Add the salmon steaks to the marinade, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Remove the salmon from the baking dish, letting any excess marinade drip back into the baking dish. Place the salmon on the broiler pan. Roast the salmon for 7 to 8 minutes. Turn the oven to broil, baste the salmon with any excess marinade, and broil the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes, until it is cooked through. Garnish the salmon with the sesame seeds and the remaining scallions, and serve.