|Serving Size: 1 cup|
|Choices: Starch 2.5, Vegetable 1, Lean Meat 3, Fat 1|
- Makes: 4
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
|8||oz.||wide egg noodles|
|Olive oil cooking spray|
|12||oz.||fresh turkey breasts,|
|cut into thin strips|
|1||small||red onion, thinly sliced|
|1/4||tsp.||ground black pepper|
|2||large||portobello mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced|
|1 1/2||cups||reduced-sodium beef broth|
|1/2||cup||reduced-fat sour cream|
|1 1/2||tsp.||Dijon mustard|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||fresh minced parsley|
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain the noodles and return them to the pot. Add the poppy seeds and toss gently.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Add the turkey and onion, toss with the salt and pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes, until the onions are soft. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and the turkey is cooked through. Transfer the turkey-vegetable mixture to a bowl; set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the broth and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring with a wood spoon, until the sauce thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low. Blend in the sour cream and mustard. Return the turkey-vegetable mixture and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Cook just until heated through; do not boil.
- Divide the noodles among individual plates and top with the Stroganoff. Garnish with fresh parsley.