|Serving Size: 1/2 peach, 1 tsp. jam topping, 1/4 cup ice cream|
|Choices: Fruit 0.5, Carbohydrate 1|
- Makes: 2
- Serving Size: 1/2 peach, 1 tsp. jam topping, 1/4 cup ice cream
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
|2||tsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|1/4||tsp.||pure vanilla extract|
|1||med.||peach, peeled, halved, and pitted|
|2||tsp.||no-sugar-added raspberry jam|
|vanilla ice cream such as Breyers|
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and sugar to boiling. Add the lemon juice and vanilla. Reduce the heat to low. Add the peach halves to the syrup and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and allow the peach halves to cool in the syrup for 30 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, place the peach halves in dessert dishes. Cut into slices, if desired. Heat the jam in a microwave-safe container for 10 to 20 seconds, until melted.
- Top the peach slices with scoops of the ice cream, drizzle with the jam, and garnish with fresh raspberries.