|Serving Size: 1/2 cup|
|Choices: Starch 1.5, Vegetable 1, Lean Meat 1, Fat 1|
- Makes: 4
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
|1/2||b. small red-skinned potatoes,|
|diced into 1/4-inch cubes|
|2||carrots, peeled, diced into 1/4-inch cubes|
|1||Tbsp.||plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided|
|1||med.||onion, finely chopped|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1/2||tsp.||salt-free Italian seasoning|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|6||oz.||cooked turkey breast,|
|cut into 1/4-inch piece|
- Fill a 3-quart saucepot two-thirds full of water. Add the potatoes and cook on high heat for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the carrots and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium high. Add the remaining 2 tsp. olive oil. Add the potatoes, carrots, corn, salt, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to form a crust.
- Add the turkey and press down on the mixture with a spatula as it cooks. Cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes and serve.