|Serving Size: 1 roll|
|Choices: Starch 1.5, Vegetable 1, Medium-Fat Meat 1, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 8
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Baking Time: 45 minutes
|8||whole||wheat lasagna noodles|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||tsp.||each dried basil and oregano|
|1/4||tsp.||crushed hot red pepper flakes|
|1||cup||fat-free ricotta cheese|
|2/3||cup||shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese|
|2/3||cup||lite silken tofu, mashed|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|2 1/2||cups||bottled lower-salt marinara sauce (such as Amy's Light in Salt), divided|
|1/4||cup||grated fresh Parmesan cheese|
- Coat a medium baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add the noodles and cook according to package directions just until al dente (slightly firm to the bite).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the broccoli, zucchini, basil, oregano, and hot red pepper flakes, and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove the vegetable mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Drain the noodles and set aside. In a large bowl, mix the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, tofu, egg, salt, and black pepper. Add the vegetable mixture to the cheese mixture and mix well.
- Lay a noodle on a flat surface. Spread about 1/4 cup of the filling on the noodle and roll it into a spiral. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Add 1 cup of the marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish. Place the lasagna roll-ups seam side down in the pan. Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the roll-ups, and cover the pan with foil.
- Bake the roll-ups for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese melts and is bubbly.