|Serving Size: 1 muffin|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 1.5, Fat 1|
- Makes: 12
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
|1/2||cup||light buttery spread (such as Smart Balance Light)|
|1/2||cup||Splenda Sugar Blend|
|1/3||cup||whole wheat flour|
|zest||2 lemons (reserve the juice)|
|1/2||cup||plain nonfat yogurt|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|1||tsp.||pure vanilla extract|
|3/4||cup||fresh blueberries, washed|
|3||Tbsp.||finely minced crystallized ginger|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use electric beaters to beat the buttery spread and Splenda Sugar Blend until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger, and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Add the flour and yogurt mixtures alternately to the buttery mixture, and mix with a spatula just until blended. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter equally among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with crystallized ginger. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn the muffins out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely or serve warm.