|Serving Size: 2 biscotti|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 1, Fat 1|
- Makes: 25
- Serving Size: 2 biscotti
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
|1/2||cup||Splenda Sugar Blend|
|1/4||cup||very finely diced|
|2||tsp.||grated fresh lemon zest|
|1 1/2||tsp.||baking powder|
|6||oz.||whole blanched almonds|
- Set the rack height at the middle point in the oven, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, Splenda Sugar Blend, crystallized ginger, lemon zest, baking powder, and cinnamon and stir well to mix. Stir in the almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and the vanilla extract. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until a stiff dough forms.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide it in half. Using your hands, roll each half into a log about 14 inches long and 3 inches wide. Place each log onto the baking sheet, leaving space between them. Press down gently with the palm of your hand to flatten the logs.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the logs feel firm to the touch. Cool the logs on wire racks.
- Once the logs have cooled, slice each log on the diagonal to form a total of 50 slices, each 1/2 inch wide. Arrange the slices on parchment-lined baking sheets, cut side down. Bake the slices for about 15 minutes, until well toasted, turning once with tongs. Remove the biscotti from the oven, and cool completely on wire racks.