|Serving Size: 2.5 oz. steak, 1/2 cup peppers|
|Choices: Vegetable 1, Lean Meat 2, Fat 1|
- Makes: 6
- Serving Size: 2.5 oz. steak, 1/2 cup peppers
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
|3||Tbsp.||lite soy sauce|
|1||Tbsp.||Chinese rice wine or dry sherry|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||vegetable oil, divided use|
|4||med.||green or yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch squares (about 3 cups)|
|5||slices (1/8-inch-thick) peeled fresh ginger root|
- Using a sharp knife, trim excess fat from the flank steak. Cut the steak lengthwise into strips about 1 1/2 inches wide, then crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, cornstarch, and sugar. Add the steak and toss to coat.
- In a large wok or heavy skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp. of the oil over high heat. Add the peppers (turn down the heat to medium if the wok starts to smoke). Stir-fry the peppers for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Remove the peppers with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add the ginger to the pan and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the remaining oil, then add the steak, and stir-fry over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the ginger slices with tongs and discard. Return the peppers to the pan, and cook for 1 minute to warm them through.