|Makes: 5 servings|
|Serving Size: 3 oz. shrimp, 1/2 cup pasta|
|Choices: Starch 2.5, Lean Meat 2, Fat 1.5|
- Makes: 5 servings
- Serving Size: 3 oz. shrimp, 1/2 cup pasta
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
|8||oz.||whole wheat spaghetti or linguine|
|4||garlic cloves, minced|
|pinch||crushed red pepper flakes|
|1||lb.||fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/4||cup||dry white wine|
|Juice and zest of one lemon|
|2||Tbsp.||minced fresh parsley|
- Cook the whole wheat pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and sauté for about 1 minute, just until fragrant. Do not let the garlic brown.
- Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and turn pink.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the skillet; keep warm. Add the wine and lemon juice to the skillet and bring to boiling. Simmer the liquid for about 3 minutes. Add the butter and stir as it melts.
- Add the lemon zest, parsley, and cooked pasta to the skillet; toss to coat. Top with the shrimp and serve immediately.