|Serving Size: 7 chips with topping|
|Choices: Starch 0.5, Vegetable 1, Lean Meat 1, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 4
- Serving Size: 7 chips with topping
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 16 minutes
|6||scallions (white part only), thinly sliced|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||med.||jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced|
|1||tsp.||salt-free Southwestern seasoning blend (optional)|
|4||cups||(about 28 chips) baked tortilla chips (such as Guiltless Gourmet)|
|3/4||cup||shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (such as Cabot's 75% reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese)|
|1/2||large||tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)|
|1/4||cup||sliced, pitted black olives (sliced into thin rounds)|
|2||Tbsp.||minced fresh cilantro|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, coat a small skillet with cooking spray. Add the scallions and sauté over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, jalapeño pepper, and, if desired, Southwestern seasoning blend. Sauté for 2 minutes more. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange the tortilla chips close together on the baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chips with the cheese and scallion-garlic mixture. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until the cheese melts. Add the nachos to a serving platter, and top with the tomato, black olives, and cilantro.