|Serving Size: 3 oz. pork, about 1 cup vegetables, 1 (8-inch) whole wheat tortilla, 1 Tbsp. light sour cream|
|Choices: Starch 1.5, Vegetable 3, Lean Meat 2, Fat 1|
- Makes: 4
- Serving Size: 3 oz. pork, about 1 cup vegetables, 1 (8-inch) whole wheat tortilla, 1 Tbsp. light sour cream
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
|2||tsp.||mild or hot chili powder|
|1||tsp.||dried oregano flakes|
|1/8||tsp.||ground black pepper|
|3/4||lb.||lean pork tenderloin, sliced into thin strips|
|1||large||red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced into thin strips|
|1||large||green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced into thin strips|
|1||med.||red onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|1||Tbsp.||vegetable oil, divided use|
|juice of one half lime|
|4||8-inch whole wheat tortillas|
|1||cup||shredded romaine lettuce|
|1||large||tomato, diced (about 1 cup)|
|4||Tbsp.||light sour cream|
|1||jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)|
- In a small bowl, combine the spices. Divide the mixture in half, and add to two separate medium bowls.
- Add the pork to one bowl, and toss well with the spice mixture. Add the red pepper, green pepper, and red onion to the other bowl, and coat well with the spice mixture.
- Heat half of the oil in a grill pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork strips and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, and add the vegetable mixture. Cook the vegetables for 8 to 10 minutes, until they are soft and tender but still retain some crispness. Add the cooked pork and the lime juice to the vegetables, and cook until heated through.
- Add the tortillas one at a time to an ungreased skillet over medium heat. Heat each tortilla for 1 to 2 minutes per side, turning it with tongs.
- To serve, divide the pork mixture among the tortillas. Serve the fajitas with shredded lettuce, tomato, dollops of sour cream, and, if desired, jalapeño pepper slices.