|Serving Size: 1/4 cup|
|Sodium||95 mg (without added salt)|
|Choices: Starch 1, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 8
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
|Butter-flavored cooking spray|
|3||slices center-cut bacon|
|1||scallion, white part only, minced|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground|
|black pepper to taste|
|pinch||crushed red pepper flakes|
|8||oz.||yellow corn, thawed and drained|
|1/4||cup||grated fresh Parmesan cheese|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh minced chive|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat 8 ramekin dishes (2-oz. size) with butter-flavored cooking spray. Set the ramekins inside a large rectangular baking dish. Set aside.
- Add the bacon slices to a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon on both sides until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add in the scallion and garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add in the sugar, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in the corn, and sauté for 2 minutes. Pour in the milk, lower the heat, and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Ladle the corn mixture into a blender or food processor. Add in the cornmeal and egg, and process until smooth, leaving some texture.
- Add the corn mixture to a bowl. Crumble the bacon into small pieces. Whisk in the bacon, Parmesan cheese, and chives. Divide the corn pudding among all the ramekin dishes. Pour hot water into the pan until the water comes up halfway up the sides of the ramekin dishes.
- Bake the puddings for about 40 minutes, or until set. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let the puddings cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. With a set of firm tongs, carefully remove each ramekin from the water and serve.