|Serving Size: 1 banana|
|Choices: Starch 0.5, Fruit 1.5, Fat 1.5|
- Makes: 4
- Serving Size: 1 banana
|4||small||bananas (or plantains)|
|1/4||cup||whole wheat flour|
|1/4||cup||Smart Balance Omega oil (for frying)|
- Peel the bananas and cut diagonally into half-inch-thick slices.
- Mix the milk, egg substitute, Splenda, and flour until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each banana slice into the batter and then drop into the oil. Fry until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.