|Serving Size: 1 cup|
|Choices: Vegetable 2, Lean meat 3|
- Makes: 9
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
|2||celery stalks, chopped|
|4||garlic cloves, chopped|
|1||can||(28 oz.) crushed tomatoes|
|2||cups||clam juice or fish stock|
|1||cup||dry white wine (such as Pinot Grigio)|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|1/2||tsp.||crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 1/2||lbs.||halibut, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|24||large||peeled and deveined shrimp|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the celery, onions, and garlic, and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, water, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a simmer, lower the heat, and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the halibut, shrimp, and mussels. Cover and increase the heat to medium high. Steam the seafood until the mussels have opened. Remove the bay leaf before tasting and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour into bowls; garnish with parsley.