|Serving Size: 1 patty (3 x 1 inch, 3 oz.)|
|Sodium||150 mg (without added salt)|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 0.5, Lean meat 3, Fat 1|
- Makes: 5
- Serving Size: 1 patty (3 x 1 inch, 3 oz.)
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
|3/4||lb.||cooked Perfect Roast Salmon|
|2||tsp.||canola oil (divided use)|
|1/2||cup||panko bread crumbs|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
- Flake the cooked salmon into a bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp. of the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mixture to the salmon. Add in the bread crumbs, scallions, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Using about 1/3 cup of the mixture per serving, form into patties. Add the cakes to a plate, and set aside in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tsp. of canola oil, and sauté the salmon cakes for 5 minutes per side, flipping gently, until well browned. The cakes should be crispy on the outside and tender and flaky on the inside.