|Serving Size: 1/2 sandwich|
|Choices: Starch 1, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 8
- Serving Size: 1/2 sandwich
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 to 8 minutes
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||commercially prepared pesto|
|8||slices whole-grain bread|
|2||jarred whole roasted red peppers, halved|
|2||jarred whole roasted yellow peppers, halved|
|1||small||zucchini, unpeeled, thinly|
|sliced on a diagonal (1 cup)|
|1||cup||fresh rinsed baby arugula leaves|
|3||Tbsp.||reduced-fat goat cheese, softened|
|1||Tbsp.||olive oil (divided use)|
- Spread the pesto lightly on four of the slices of bread.
- Pat the roasted peppers dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Layer the zucchini, roasted peppers, and arugula on the pesto bread slices. Spread the goat cheese on the remaining four slices of bread. Place the slices with goat cheese on top of the vegetables to form the panini.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add about 1 tsp. of the olive oil, and add one of the sandwiches. Grill the sandwich on one side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn the sandwich over, cover the skillet, and continue grilling for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Continue to add olive oil, and repeat the grilling process with the remaining panini. Cut in halves to serve.