|Serving Size: 1 fish roll|
|Sodium||345 mg (without added salt)|
|Choices: Starch 0.5, Vegetable 1, Lean meat 5|
- Makes: 4
- Serving Size: 1 fish roll
- Preparation Time: 6 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minute
|1/2||slice bacon, diced|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1/2||lb.||small cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1||package||(10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed, drained well, and patted dry|
|Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste|
|1/3||cup||nonfat sour cream|
|1/2||cup||panko bread crumbs|
|1/4||cup||freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|4||tsp.||(5 oz.) flounder fillets|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sauté the bacon over medium heat until cooked through and crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, and set aside to cool.
- Add the onion and garlic to the drippings in the pan, and sauté over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add in the shrimp, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the spinach, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, and heat through for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the shrimp-and-spinach mixture to a large bowl. Add in the sour cream, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and bacon crumbles.
- Working on a flat surface, add a scoop of the stuffing to one end of a flounder fillet. Roll the flounder over the stuffing, and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining fillets.
- Place the rolls in the prepared pan. Drizzle the top of each fish roll with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake the fish for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.