|Serving Size: 2 slices|
|Choices: Fruit 1|
- Makes: 4
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
|1||large||pineapple (about 2 lbs.)|
|2||Tbsp.||pure maple syrup|
- Prepare the grill: Coat the rack with cooking spray, or use tongs to dip a large piece of paper towel into vegetable oil and rub it on the grill rack. (Discard the towel.) Set a gas grill to medium heat, or prepare a medium fire on a charcoal grill.
- Peel, core, and halve the pineapple. Wrap one half of the pineapple and store for another use. Slice the remaining half of pineapple into 8 slices.
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup and butter, and cook over low heat until the butter melts.
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill, and baste with some of the maple butter. Grill on one side for about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn the pineapple, basting with maple butter, and continue to grill for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the pineapple is golden brown.
- Remove from the grill and serve.