|Serving Size: 1/2 cup|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 0.5|
- Makes: 8
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Preparation Time: 15 minute
|1||lb.||ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced|
|2||Tbsp.||Splenda for baking|
|1||cup||diet cranberry juice drink|
|Sliced strawberries or raspberries for garnish|
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries and Splenda. Let soak for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Add the berries and all accumulated juices to a food processor or blender.
- Add the cranberry juice to the mixture, place in a shallow metal tray, and freeze for 30 minutes. Using a fork, scrape the frozen edges into the liquid center. Return the tray to the freezer, and freeze for another 30 minutes. Repeat this process about 3 more times until you have a mixture that is fluffy, soft ice crystals.
- Serve the granita in dessert cups with berries to garnish.