|Serving Size: 1 square|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 2.5, Fat 1|
- Makes: 16
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
|1||cup||Splenda for baking|
|1/4||cup||plain nonfat yogurt|
|1||(15 oz.) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|1 1/2||cups||all-purpose flour|
|1||package||(8 oz.) nonfat cream cheese|
|2||Tbsp.||lite buttery spread (such as Promise Activ)|
|1 1/2||cups||powdered sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix together the eggs and Splenda with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is lemon-colored. Add in the oil, yogurt, and pumpkin and beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix well; do not overbeat.
- Pour the batter into an 8- by 8-inch baking pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until a toothpick inserted into the bars comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into squares.
- To prepare the icing: Cream together the cream cheese and buttery spread with an electric mixer on medium speed. Slowly add the powdered sugar until mixture forms an icing. Add in the vanilla and mix again. Refrigerate for 1 hour until thickened. Spread on top of the cooled pumpkin bars.