|Makes: 9 servings|
|Serving Size: 1/2 cup|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 2.5, Fat 0.5|
- Makes: 9 servings
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
|4||large||pears, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices|
|1/4||cup||Splenda for baking|
|1/2||cup||whole-wheat pastry flour|
|1/2||cup||old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)|
|1/3||cup||brown sugar substitute (Splenda)|
|2||Tbsp.||orange juice concentrate|
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. In a bowl, toss the pears, Splenda, orange juice, and orange zest and add to the baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, and brown sugar. Add the butter and work the butter in with your fingertips or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the oil and mix well. Add in the orange juice concentrate until the mixture is moistened.
- Spread the crumble mixture evenly over the pears. Bake for about 25 minutes. Top the crumble with the walnuts and continue to bake for another 20 minutes until pears are soft and topping is browned.