|Serving Size: 1 (3- x 2-inch) piece|
|Choices: Carbohydrate 1, Fat 1|
- Makes: 16
- Serving Size: 1 (3- x 2-inch) piece
- Preparation Time: 13 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
|1/4||cup||light olive oil|
|1||med.||carrot, peeled and shredded (about 1/2 cup)|
|1 1/2||cups||cake flour|
|2 1/2||tsp.||ground ginger|
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, egg, buttermilk, molasses, and shredded carrot and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the olive oil-molasses mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix gently. Do not overbeat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Cut into 16 squares and serve warm.